Losses sustained due to the permanent loss of your covered equipment by a Common Carrier or due to theft.
Covered Sports Equipment, Covered Photography Equipment and Covered Electronics and Communication Equipment.
$5,000 if you purchased GoTime or AnyTime; $10,000 if you purchased PrimeTime.
Yes, if you have purchased the Personal Equipment option.
Your checked luggage must be permanently lost by the Common Carrier. You must submit a copy of the Common Carrier’s claim form and such other documentation as Underwriters may reasonably require. The Common Carrier must first reimburse you the full amount that it is legally required to pay for Lost Checked Luggage, and proof of such reimbursement must be provided to the Plan Administrator. Lost Checked Luggage benefits will be provided only if and to the extent the amount of your loss suffered as a result of Lost Checked Luggage exceeds the reimbursement by the Common Carrier.
Yes. Damage to sound natural teeth sustained in a covered Accident involving face, skull, neck and/or jaw Injury is covered if treated at a Hospital as an Emergency. Non-emergency dental treatment in a dental office following a covered accident is covered up to $300. Also, AnyTime and GoTime include $100 for palliative care in the event of Acute Onset of Dental Pain; PrimeTime includes $300.
Coinsurance is the percentage of Eligible Medical Expenses you must pay, in excess of your Deductible. If you incur Eligible Medical Expenses outside the US, you pay no Coinsurance. If you incur Eligible Medical Expenses in the US but not with a Preferred Medical Provider, PCU pays 50% of covered charges after you pay a $350 co-pay. If you incur Eligible Medical Expenses in the US with a Preferred Medical Provider, PCU pays 100% of network discounted charges.
1. The US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs or similar government organization of your Home Country orders the evacuation of all non-essential government personnel from the area where you are located.
2. The order of evacuation must pertain to persons from the same Home Country as the Insured Person.
3. In no event will Political Evacuation and Repatriation expenses be paid unless the US Department of State issues a Level 3 (reconsider travel), or Level 4 (do not travel) warning concerning Political Threat after the Insured Person has arrived to the affected location.
4. The Insured Person must be unable to leave the Host Country location by normal means, including but not limited to changing an existing Common Carrier reservation to arrange for an earlier return due to the political environment.
5. The Insured Person must be unable to obtain commercial transportation within the Host Country to travel to the nearest safe location within a time period that would
(i) reasonably be expected to avoid Injury, and
(ii) comply with the time allowed to leave the Host Country location pursuant to the orders of the recognized government of the Host Country or the US Embassy.
6. The Insured Person must contact PCU as soon as reasonably possible after the Host Country has issued an official evacuation order.
7. Political Evacuation and Repatriation must be approved by PCU
8. In no event will Political Evacuation and Repatriation expenses be paid if, prior to the Insured Person’s arrival, evacuation has been ordered and mandated by the recognized governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the location of the Insured Person’s location within the Host Country.
1. Air or ground transportation of your bodily remains or ashes to the airport or ground transportation terminal nearest to your Principal Residence; and 2. Reasonable costs of preparation of your bodily remains necessary for transportation; or 3. Reasonable costs of preparation of your bodily remains necessary for local burial or cremation at the place of death, in accordance with the commonly accepted cultural and religious beliefs practiced by you, but excluding costs for religious practitioners, flowers, music, food or beverages.
Pre-existing condition is defined as any of the following:
(1) condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment (includes receiving services and supplies, consultations, diagnostic tests or prescription medicines) was recommended or received during the 2 years immediately preceding your Certificate Effective Date; or,
(2) condition that had manifested itself in such a manner that would have caused a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment (includes receiving services and supplies, consultations, diagnostic tests or prescription medicines) within the 2 years immediately preceding your Certificate Effective Date;
(3) Injury, Illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental, or nervous condition, disorder or ailment (whether known or unknown) that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of your application or within the 2 years immediately preceding your Certificate Effective Date.
1. The Hospitalization must occur outside your Home Country.
2. You must be admitted as an Inpatient for treatment of a covered Injury or Illness.
3. The daily benefit is calculated and based on each full 24-hour period of confinement as an Inpatient in a Hospital during your Certificate Period, not including time spent in Emergency Room, and not including any partial 24-hour periods.
TripTime coverage begins on the latest of the following (provided always that premium is fully paid):
1. 12:01 am EST on the date indicated on your Certificate; or
2. the moment you depart from your Home Country.
Eligible Medical Expenses are covered while you are in your Home Country for a covered Incidental Trip Home on the GoTime and PrimeTime plans. AnyTime does not cover Incidental Trip(s) Home.
$50,000 for Repatriation of Mortal Remains under AnyTime or GoTime; $100,000 under PrimeTime. All three plans include $5,000 for local Cremation or Burial expenses in lieu of repatriation.
No. Emergency Pet Transportation, included in the PrimeTime plan only, provides transportation for domestic dogs and cats only.
1. Your death must result from an Accident while you are traveling on a Common Carrier.
2. Your death must result from an Accident which occurs during your Certificate Period.
3. Your death must occur within 60 days of the Common Carrier Accident and must result directly and independently of all other causes, from an Injury which was sustained during the Common Carrier Accident. The Injury must be the sole cause of death.
4. Common Carrier Accidental Death benefits will not exceed the amount indicated in your Schedule of Benefits and Limits, per Family involved in the same Accident.
All Trip Interruption benefits are excluded if advance approval is not obtained.
1. The cancellation of scheduled, paid accommodations results from evacuation due to a forecasted Natural Disaster or following a Natural Disaster.
2. The forecast of the Natural Disaster and the Natural Disaster itself must occur during the Certificate Period.
3. The evacuation must be ordered and mandated by the governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the location of the forecasted or actual Natural Disaster.
4. Proof of payment for the original accommodations must be provided.
AnyTime and GoTime provide $250 per day for up to 5 days; PrimeTime provides $500 per day for up to 5 days.
1. Reasonable expenses for your transportation to a place of safety based on the most appropriate and economical means of travel consistent under the circumstances of your health and safety; and
2. The cost of a one-way commercial air or ground transportation ticket of the same class as your unused return travel ticket, for transportation from the place of safety or from the location of the origination of the Political Threat, to the terminal serving your Principal Residence.
AnyTime and GoTime provide $50,000; PrimeTime provides $100,000.
No. The Trip Interruption benefit is available to those who, while away from their home country, learn of the substantial destruction of their Principal Residence or the death of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent, or sibling)
No. Your insurance provides short-term, limited-duration travel insurance coverage while traveling outside your Home Country. You should consult your attorney or tax professional to determine whether this policy meets any obligations you may have under ACA.
1. AnyTime coverage applies to all trips that begin on or after 12:01 am EST on your Certificate Effective Date.
2. Any Time coverage with respect to any one trip begins the moment you depart from your Home Country.
Yes. All of our plans cover the cost of Local Ambulance transportation if you are injured. This transport is subject to the Deductible, Coinsurance, and Maximum Benefit outlined in your certificate.
No. The amount, if any, of benefits available can only be determined once all details of your claim and complete Proof of Claim has been submitted.
All of our plans cover Emergency Eye Exams up to $150.
No. You may select the medical provider of your choice. This is a Freedom of Choice plan.
All Political Evacuation and Repatriation benefits are excluded if advance approval is not obtained.
Limited coverage for an Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions is provided. Otherwise, Pre-existing Conditions are not covered.
If you meet all of the following requirements, you are eligible:
1. You must be at least 14 days old
2. You must complete, sign and submit an application (or be listed thereon by proxy)
3. You must pay the required premium on or before the Certificate Effective Data
4. You must receive written acceptance of your application
5. As of the Certificate Effective Date, you must have legally departed your Home Country
6. You must not have established a permanent residency in the Host Country
Yes. You may include them on your application or they can apply separately.
If you are younger than 18, your Accidental Death benefit is $1,250.
If you are age 18 through age 69 your Accidental Death benefit is $25,000.
If you are age 70 through 74 (GoTime and PrimeTime only), your Accidental Death benefit is $12,500.
If you are age 75 or older (GoTime and PrimeTime only), your Accidental Death benefit is $5,000.
The following items, exclusively, are insured for their Actual Cash Value subject to a maximum of $1,000 in all: skis, ski boots, ski poles, snowboards, snowboard boots, golf clubs, golf bags, tennis rackets.
1. The cost of a one-way commercial air or ground transportation ticket of the same class as your unused return travel ticket, for transportation from your location when you learn of the substantial destruction of your Principal Residence resulting from fire or Natural Disaster to the terminal serving the area of your Principal Residence; or
2. The cost of a one-way commercial air or ground transportation ticket of the same class as your unused return travel ticket, for transportation from your location when you learn of the unexpected death of an immediate Family member (spouse, child, parent or sibling) to the terminal serving the area of the deceased person’s funeral or place of burial.
1. The cost of a one-way economy commercial air or ground transportation ticket for each minor child (under age 17) who is traveling with you, for transportation to the terminal serving the area where the minor child(ren) permanently reside(s); and
2. Transportation and reasonable fees for a chaperone, approved by you, to accompany the minor child(ren), if necessary and required by the airline for their safety.
The following medical expenses must always be Pre-certified:
a. Inpatient care
b. Any Surgery or Surgical Procedure
c. Care in an Extended Care Facility
d. Home Nursing Care
e. Durable Medical Equipment
f. Computerized Tomography (CAT Scan)
g. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
h. Interfacility Ambulance Transfer
j. Positron emission tomography scan (PET)
k. Chemotherapy and/or Radiation
If you have departed your Home Country on a covered trip of 90 days or more, TripTime covers your Eligible Medical Expenses during the first 15 days of your first Incidental Trip Home. All other coverage is suspended at all times during the Incidental Trip Home. Coverage for Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions, coverage for Acute Onset of Dental Pain, and coverage under the Adventure Sports or Marine Activities options are also suspended during the Incidental Trip Home. AnyTime does not cover Incidental Trips Home.
No. Claims incurred in the US outside of the Preferred Provider Network are subject to higher Coinsurance than claims incurred in the Preferred Provider Network.
AnyTime and GoTime provide $50 per item, maximum of $250. PrimeTime provides $50 per item, maximum of $500.
Yes. We will reduce Eligible Medical Expenses by 50%, and then apply your Deductible and/or Coinsurance if applicable.
The following items, exclusively, are insured for their Actual Cash Value subject to a maximum of $500 in all: mobile phones, tablets and laptop computers.
You should always refer to your Certificate for a complete description of Eligible Medical Expenses. Generally, your plan includes coverage for Inpatient care, Outpatient care, diagnostic procedures including x-rays and laboratory services, and prescription drugs.
The same amount as your Accidental Death benefit, but subject to a Family maximum of $250,000.
The Deductible is the amount of money you must first pay for Eligible Medical Expenses before benefits are payable.
The same as the Beneficiary for your Accidental Death coverage.
1. Your death or dismemberment must result from an Accident which occurs during your Certificate Period.
2. Your death or dismemberment must occur within sixty (60) days of the Accident.
3. The Injury giving rise to your Accidental Death or Accidental Dismemberment must be evidenced by a visible contusion or wound, except in the case of Accidental drowning.
4. Your Accidental Death or Accidental Dismemberment must result directly and independently of all other causes, from an Accidental Injury which is unintended, unexpected and unforeseen, and the Injury must be the sole cause of your death.
All Return of Minor Child(ren) benefits are excluded if advance approval is not obtained.
The Maximum Benefit for Emergency Medical Evacuation depends on your age and the plan you select.
Under GoTime, if you are under age 65, your Maximum Benefit is $500,000; if you are age 65 through 79, your Maximum Benefit is $50,000.
Under PrimeTime, if you are under age 70, your Maximum Benefit is either $1,000,000 or the Maximum Benefit you selected when you purchased your plan, whichever is less. If you are age 70 through 79, your Maximum Benefit is $100,000 or the Maximum Benefit you selected when you purchased your plan, whichever is less.
Emergency Medical Evacuation benefits are not provided if you are age 80 or older under GoTime or PrimeTime, and age 70 or older under AnyTime.
You should always refer to your Certificate for a complete description of the Conditions and Restrictions for Emergency Medical Evacuation. Generally, in order to receive Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage, the following much be met:
1. The Illness or Injury giving rise to the Emergency Medical Evacuation is covered under the plan you have picked.
2. Medically Necessary treatment, services and supplies cannot be provided locally.
3. Transportation by any other method would result in loss of your life or limb within 24 hours, based upon reasonable medical certainty.
4. Emergency Medical Evacuation is recommended by the attending Physician who certifies to the above.
5. Emergency Medical Evacuation is agreed upon by you or your Relative.
6. The condition giving rise to the Emergency Medical Evacuation must have occurred outside your Home Country.
7. The condition giving rise to the Emergency Medical Evacuation must have arisen unexpectedly, spontaneously and without advance warning, or advance treatment, diagnosis or recommendation for treatment by a Physician, or prior manifestation in the form of symptoms which would have caused a reasonably prudent person to seek medical attention prior to the onset of the Emergency.
8. The Emergency Medical Evacuation must be arranged and coordinated by PCU.
The following items, exclusively, are insured for their Actual Cash Value subject to a maximum of $1,000 in all: cameras, camera flash accessories and camera lenses.
The cost of replacement accommodations necessitated by the cancellation of scheduled, paid accommodations. AnyTime and GoTime cover up to $250 per day for 5 days; PrimeTime covers up to $500 per day for 5 days.
Yes. All our plans provide local ambulance transportation coverage if you are admitted to the hospital as inpatient. If you are not admitted, there is no coverage provided.
The Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition limit is based on the plan you select, your age, the location of your claim and whether or not you have Primary Insurance. Refer to your Certificate to determine the limit available to you.
Our plans provide $100 per night for up to 10 nights
The individual named in your application to be the recipient of any Accidental Death or Common Carrier Accidental Death benefit. If you are age 18 or older and do not designate a Beneficiary on your application, the Beneficiary is automatically as follows: 1) your spouse (if any), 2) your children (if any) equally, 3) your estate. If you are under age 18 and do not designate a Beneficiary on your application, the Beneficiary is automatically as follows: 1) your custodial parent(s) (if any), 2) your siblings (if any) equally, 3) your estate.
If you are under age 50 and purchase the Adventure Sports option, you are covered for Eligible Medical Expenses and Eligible Transportation Expenses while participating in the Adventure Sports listed in your Certificate, subject to a Maximum Benefit of $50,000. The Maximum Benefit is $25,000 if you are age 50 through 59, and $10,000 if you are age 60 to 64. The Adventure Sports option is not available if you are age 65 or older.
If you meet the following requirements, you are eligible:
1. You must be at least 14 days old and not yet age 70; your Spouse must be at least 18 years old and not yet age 65; your Dependent Child(ren) must be at least 14 days old and not yet 18
2. You must complete, sign and submit an application (or be listed thereon by proxy)
3. You must pay the required premium on or before the Certificate Effective Date
4. You must receive written acceptance of your application
5. You must not have established a permanent residency in the Host Country
6. You must currently have a domestic health insurance policy (individual or group) and maintain this domestic coverage the entire time AnyTime is in effect.
Yes. However, if you are not admitted to the Hospital as an Inpatient for further treatment of the Illness an additional Deductible will apply
1. Emergency air transportation to a suitable airport nearest to the nearest Hospital which is qualified to provide the Medically Necessary treatment to prevent your loss of life or limb; and
2. Emergency ground transportation necessarily preceding Emergency air transportation, and from the destination airport to the Hospital where you will receive treatment; and
3. The cost of an economy one-way commercial air and/or ground transportation ticket for you to travel from the area where you were Hospitalized following an Emergency Medical Evacuation, to the area where you were initially evacuated from, or to the terminal serving the area of your Principal Residence. The value of your unused return ticket will be deducted from the amount of your claim if you are evacuated to the area of your Principal Residence.
Triptime coverage ends on the earlier of the following:
1. 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on the date indicated on your Certificate; or
2. the moment you return to your Home Country; or
3. 11:59 pm EST on the last day of fully paid premium; or
4. 12:01 am EST on the date you first fail to meet the Eligibility requirements set forth in the Eligibility provision of your Certificate; or
5. (AnyTime only): 11:59 LST (your location) on the date you have exceeded the permitted length of time for any trip (30 days or 45 days) set forth in the Certificate Declaration; or
6. the date specified by Underwriters in accordance with General Conditions and Conditions Precedent, Right of Recovery, Duty of Fair Presentation or Fraudulent Claims.
7. 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on the date the Underwriters, at their sole option, elect to cancel all Insured Persons of the same sex, age, class, Participating Organization, or geographic location, provided the Underwriters will give not less than thirty (30) days advance written notice to the Insured Person’s last known mailing or electronic address.
The Maximum Benefit is the maximum amount of money you can claim under your plan during your Certificate Period for your Eligible Medical Expenses.
Abseiling BMX Bobsledding Bungee Jumping Canyoning Caving Hot air ballooning Kitesurfing and Kiteboarding Mountaineering below 4,500 meters from ground Parachuting Paragliding Parascending Rappelling Scuba diving or sub-aqua pursuits less than 20 meters deep Skydiving Spelunking Whitewater kayaking or rafting, less than Class V Wildlife Safaris Windsurfing Zip lining
AnyTimer and GoTime provide $10,000; PrimeTime provides $100,000.
A sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition which occurs:
1. spontaneously and without advance warning in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires immediate Emergency medical care; and
2. after your Certificate Effective Date; and
3. prior to the age indicated in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits contained in your Certificate. Treatment by a Physician must be obtained within the 24 hours beginning on the date and at the time of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.